Thursday, November 13, 2014

Attorney Update

Chelsea (intervention situation with 5 siblings): I met with the incarcerated father of three of the five children - I will refer to him as Father No. 2. He is supportive of the intervention (not his first choice, but his most prudent option at this time). I believe Chelsea will execute consents to the four older children on Monday and Father No. 2 will sign his consents on Tuesday. If the intervention process goes as planned, the parental rights of Father No. 1 (the father of the oldest child has been uninvolved in the process) will be dealt with on an abandonment basis. It remains to be seen who the father of the youngest child is. It is either Father No. 2 or she could be the daughter of Father No. 3. As stated in an earlier post, Chelsea has an infant (about three months old) and it appears that she is going to attempt to complete her case plan for that child and, unlike with her older children, she does have time remaining on her case plan to do so. 

At this time, Chelsea has information on 9 couples. See below. 
I suspect that she will want to have more information of one or more of the couples over the weekend and certainly by Tuesday, the next court date. If you are one of the eight couples that sent me information, please email me tomorrow and state, "We are (or I am) applicant _" and I will send you an application packet that will need to be filled out and sent back to me via email over the weekend. 

If I get any more informal packets tomorrow, I will send them to Chelsea and she should see them on Saturday. I will continue to update on my Facebook page, so stay tuned.

Family A resides in Florida and they have 16 children (nine child not adopted and seven adopted) ranging from 2 to 22 years in age.

Family B resides in Washington and they have 8 children ranging from 13 to 2 years. None were adopted.

Family C has 15 children and it appears that 5 were adopted and they are between 22 and 2 years of age.

Family D has one child, he is five and not adopted and they live is Missouri.

Family E has seven children (all adopted) and they live in Pennsylvania.

Family F has one child (step-son age 14) and they live in Georgia.

Family G is a single parent with no children and she lives in Pennsylvania.

Family H is a couple that lives in Florida and it is hard to tell from the information they sent in if they have no children or perhaps a son around 5 or 6 years old.

Family I is a couple that has three daughters, all adopted. They did not disclose where they live, but some of the photos had snowfall on the ground.

______________________
One more family has said they have sent information in. I have emailed him for the info packet he wants filled out.

Hoping and praying for favor with this birth mom as she makes the ultimate decision on where her children go. I cannot imagine how difficult her choice is.

No comments:

Post a Comment