Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Callie starts piano!

This little girl is so excited! She has just started piano lessons 1 week ago.

Now, I realize her disabilities would cause many to say this is pointless for her...however, we put her in piano not to make her a concert pianist, but to let her practice her fine motor skills, to help her bridge the gap between the hemispheres of her brain, and to teach her some music theory.


She has worked diligently all week on her piano practice.

As I watched her struggle to do as she was asked by her teacher Miss Tiffany, I had my doubts about putting her in piano at just shy of 7...

But over the course of the week, she has already improved her fine motor control, fine motor planning, and hand function more than she has in the last 6 months!

We are excited to see her thrive, grow learn and have a lot of fun on the piano!

Praise be to God!

1 comment:

  1. This is SO wonderful!! I am thrilled that you are giving her the opportunity to learn to play. You might be totally amazed at what she will accomplish. I can't wait to hear her play!! Way to go Miss Callie!! I am so very proud of you. Love you, Mrs. Noa

    ReplyDelete