We are making good progress on our home study. The only thing left for us is our medicals!
We are still waiting for several references to got back to us, and for letters and reports to be written.
But our portion is almost done! It has been a long process and we are very excited to be coming to the end!
We are even more excited to start looking at children's files!
The adoption is on everyone's mind, lately! I went to run an errand last week and Callie asked if I was going to get our new children...I explained that we are still a long way off from that, and we will know who they are before we go get them.
Last week as I put Justice to be bed, he asked if we could go get our new children the next day. Then, this morning, he asked if we could get 4 new brothers and a new sister in the adoption.
Serenity talks almost daily of things she wants to show her 'dopted sisters and brothers'. Things like how to ride a bike and how to drive her new rc car that she got at the fair, how to play pretend and color, and play at the park...basically everything she does!
The older ones have more understanding. We have had some wonderful discussions on what neglect and abuse may do to their new siblings, and how they likely won't understand basic courtesy and kindness, and we will need to be patient and understanding as we get to know them, and they learn what it means to be in a family. And that this may take a LONG time.
All in all, everything is progressing well, and we are excited to begin the next phase of our adoption journey!
Current prayer requests are still the same...
- that all of the references come in
- that God's will would be done for how many chilsren . (I am praying to be approved for 5 as that is our max., then if we find a group that big, great, if smaller wonderful, but either way, we do not need to go back and amend any of our paperwork.
- that our medicals would go well.
- that reports for the psychological evaluation and the home study would go well.
- that we would have wisdom as parents to know what to share with our bio children to help protect them without scaring them about our adopted children, who at the very least have lost their family, friends, likely their school, their home, their country, culture and language... That is a LOT of loss to deal with!
Thank you for partnering with is in prayer! I pray that you would enjoy this Lord's day!