Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Needing a change

I need to make some serious changes in my life...if I want to keep it.

I just watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  It has inspired me to start a whole juice fast.  I am not sure how long this is going to last, but I will update as I have the time to sit at the computer.  My goals are to 'reset' my taste buds.  This will help me get past my sugar craving and addiction to processed foods.  I hope to really nourish my body on the cellular level.  I hope to have increased energy and I would like for it to also jump start my weight loss, but really do not have any goal or expectation for how many pounds that might be!

So far, it is going really well!  Today is day 3.  We have tried a variety of juices so far. Some of them have been better that others...but overall, nothing has needed to be thrown out just yet!

I am also giving whole juice to all of the children each day with their probiotics.  (Though the children are NOT doing a juice fast, just adding this in as part of their regular diet.)

I am already feeling better!  I feel like I already have more energy, and am more excited about what the next days and weeks will hold!

I praise God for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

I praise and thank God for all of the things we have learned about how God designed our bodies to function, to heal themselves, and the integrated intricacies of the human body!  The more I learn, the more I am in awe of this amazing God!

Please join me in prayer that the stronghold in my life of idolatry of food would be broken, and that I would continue to seek and look to the One True God.

(I am not saying that this is the issue for everyone, but for me, overeating, is a 'coping mechanism,' a way to reward myself, to forget about something I would rather not think about, or to not have to really talk - after all, I do not need to say anything if my mouth is full.  It is a self control issue, it hurts my witness, and takes a place in my thoughts, mind, and heart that should only be for God alone, hurting me spiritually, as well as mentally, physically and emotionally.  It is an area of sin that I need to get rid of.)

2 comments:

  1. I will keep you in my prayers. I too need to get back to eating better. I did well for about a year, then slacked off. Now I have gained almost all of the weight that I had shed. I am hoping with increased exercise that I will do better at keeping it off, as well as putting in a garden this year, I should be able to eat better too. Good for you! I look forward to hearing how things go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have been meaning to call you...can you email me with your number?

    I will keep you in my prayers, too.

    I have found that since I started juicing, I DO have more energy, and do not need as much sleep at night. It has allowed me to get up early the last 2 mornings to get a workout in before our family devotions.

    ReplyDelete