Tuesday, January 21, 2014

How is progress added up?

If you need a bit of inspiration, or a pick me up, check out this series of videos of Callie's walking!

This is how we add up progress...Callie started walking right at 2 1/2 years old, but really made no progress for the next 5 months.  Then I took this video, when progress really started to pick up.  We were just trying to get her to go from furniture items around the house.



Then up to 9 feet...



Then to 60 feet!



We have now long since stopped counting feet, and track miles!  Here is Callie just 2 weeks ago on our treadmill:



And working on her gait in the community with her walker at the zoo:


There are times when I wonder if she is still making process.  I miss the little things because from day to day, or even hour to hour, her gait is not changing...but over the course of months, there IS a change!  So for me to go back and look at these videos helps me to see the progression she has taken.

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Miss Callie! You have come a long way!
    Great job, Michelle! You have done a great job of persevering with her therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I do see it almost as my victory, too...it is a lot of work to keep up on her therapy program. But when I look at this little girl, who we were told would never walk unassisted, and I see the things God has led us to, as far as alternative therapies that have given her so much hope and progress...and not just for her, but for Brianna, too, how could I do anything less?

    And really, it is Callie's attitude that keeps us going! She gets up most days and says, "I am ready to do therapy now!" (On the other days she says, "When can I have a day off?")

    ReplyDelete
  3. She could have never done it without you. And her great attitude definitely helps. I remember her positive attitude in the beginning when she was just starting her therapy and how much she endured. And yes, I also remember those days when she wanted to do just about anything else. She truly is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete