Saturday, June 22, 2013

Happy Belated Father's Day

We had a really nice Father's Day here!  I am so lucky to have the best husband and father that I have ever known my husband and the father of my children!  He is such a great man!  I would be thrilled for our daughters to marry someone like him, and also for our sons to grow up to be like him.  Who take the precious little time that is not taken up with his crazy work schedule to spend with his family...like the big chicken coop project today...and who takes the time to put his children in bed any chance he can.  They ALL really love having their Daddy tuck them in!

We also got to celebrate his dad, who is also such a great guy.  He is willing to take time out of his day to help with my crazy projects, to help the girls with projects, to read stories to the littles - really, I couldn't imagine a better grandpa for my children, either!

We also have the privilege of celebrating Chris' grandpa.  Grandpa Pence enjoys watching the children, seeing what they are doing, hearing reports they are writing, piano pieces they are perfecting, and just watching them play and interact together and with him.  We really wish that he lived closer so that we could have him out more often!  As he was getting ready to go, he asked if he could come out more than the twice a year that he normally does.  It was both sad and a relief for me.  A relief because I always feel like we wear him out so much when he comes out, and yet sad that he is so lonely and just wants to be with people who love him!  He asked if we could figure out like once a month or something...so we are absolutely working on that right now!

Mom made dinner for all of us on Father's Day, and it was great, as usual!

Praising God for the heritage that my children have, for our families, and being able to get together to celebrate what God has blessed us with!  God is so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment