Monday, December 3, 2012

Twins

Tomorrow, we will celebrate my sweet, amazing, wonderful, caring, creative, God-fearing, beautiful, helpful, musical, admirable, brilliant, talented twins.  They are becoming such awe-inspiring young ladies, who are teaching me more and more of what it means to die to self, and live for others in their example each day.  I know I am supposed to be the parent, but really, they are teaching me so much!

When I think of them, several verses come to mind:
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Proverbs 31:10-31 I can see developing in them.  Good work ethics, helping others, getting up and getting to work most days, helping with housework, siblings, and the animals.

Proverbs 27:23
Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds;

Proverbs 17:17a A friend loves at all times.

(I could go on and on with proverbs that I feel describe them well!)

Ephesians 6:1 Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

Colossians 3:20 Children obey your parents in everything, for this is pleasing to the Lord.

Just to name a few...there are many, many others.  I am so proud of my girls and the young ladies that they are becoming - more on that tomorrow, their actual birthday.

For now, I will end with kind of a funny story.  They came to me and asked why they no longer having matching clothes.  I explained to them that I enjoyed dressing them alike for almost 4 years.  Then they took over picking clothes out, and dressed alike for another 3 years.  But after almost 7 years of dressing alike every day, they wanted to be their own individual people.  Over the years since then, they choose to dress alike less and less, so we didn't both making sure that they could...

But now, they WANT to be able to dress alike.  I think it is very sweet!  I look forward to getting them a couple of matching outfits for their birthday...and hopefully they do not see this before tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

  1. The girls will call them tomorrow. I can't believe they will be 12 YEARS old!!!! What beautiful young ladies they are becoming, just like their mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very special young ladies for sure! I think it is very sweet they want to match. I love when my girls want to dress alike. :)

    ReplyDelete