Tuesday, July 10, 2012

An incredible journey of 13 years

13 years ago today, I was blessed to marry my best friend!


We thought that we had a plan for our life...but God had a different plan.
It has truly been an incredible journey, far beyond what I could have imagined!


Even though, we didn't understand God's plan for marriage in the beginning,
God continued to bless us beyond measure! 


I entered marriage, thinking of it as an equal partnership,
knowing, but not understanding what it meant that my husband is my head.


It took a lot of time for me to start to understand it, and it is something I still work on now!


This journey has not been without its challenges,
But God, has been so faithful to carry us through!


There have been many times when things didn't go as we had planned,
But it was never a surprise to God, who ordained all our days
even before the foundation of the world!


On this journey, God has also given us not just each other, but our children.

To laugh with, live with, love,

And most importantly, to grow closer to God with each day.


As I look back, and think about our plan,
there really is no comparison,
God's plan is so much more than I had ever dreamed!

I never dreamed I would have a husband who leads his family in God's ways,
who is here to provide and protect us, who enjoys spending time with us,
who is so very compassionate and tender with a newborn, and capable of handling an emergency,
who has a strong work ethic, values life and children, is quick to keep his children in line, and even faster at praising what they have done!

I am so very thankful for my wonderful, amazing husband!
By God's grace, I love him more now than ever before.
I respect him above all other men.
I am thrilled to call him my head, and honored to submit to him.
I praise and thank my God for him each and every day.
Happy Anniversary, my Love!



I also never dreamed I would have a family I enjoy so much.

I look back on the last 13 years and am amazed at how far we have come, and I look forward to see where God will bring us in the future! 

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, Michelle, what lovely pictures and what a beautiful tribute! LOVE LOVE LOVE the wedding picture, your dress was gorgeous!!

    Thank you for sharing YOUR life with all of us out here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to an extraordinary couple!! You to are a beautiful picture of what God intended families to be...a picture of Christ and the Church. You are beautiful inside and out. I am so very thankful that God has blessed us with the friendship we have with your family. May God continue to bless and grow your family!!! We love you ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!

    We are blessed to know your family.

    ReplyDelete