Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Passover

Even with a rough start, we were able to pull off a wonderful passover! After being the best dressed family in the ER (The first nurse commented, "You had other plans today, didn't you?" another nurse later came in to confirm if all those well dressed little ones in the waiting room were mine. She said we were the only people dressed up, so she had guessed, and several of the nurses were wondering if they were all mine...apparently they had been looking at us and talking about us, lol! I was in such a hurry that I forgot to mention that in my post about the ER.) so I wanted to give an update on how passover went!









The girls' favorite part was the Affikoman (a symbol that represents Christ). Anna found it this year, and drove a tough bargain to redeem it for $10. She is feeling very rich right now!



While we were eating, Serenity kept grabbing at things...so I handed her a couple things to play with and taste while in her highchair. She got to try parsley and Matzo...until she got a piece of the Matzo off, then we had to stick with the parsley! Oh, and Grandpa gave her a taste of whip cream at dessert :/

Speaking of dessert...I had decided I liked the idea of trying the Kladdkaka for dessert with strawberries and whip cream...but the rat kind of burst that bubble when he got into my flour and baking supplies! So we went with a good old Betty Crocker chocolate cake and a modified black forrest cake I found online calling for 2 cake mixes, 2 cans of frosting, 2 cans of cherry pie filling and a tube of pipable frosting...just looking at it would be enough to put most people in a diabetic coma, lol! I think it made a nice presentation though!

I have not been online in a couple of days,
After Passover was completed, we quickly cleaned up, finished packing the bus and were off to Shelton!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a house full on Sunday. I saw your sister and her husband were there. That was nice. The girls all looked so beautiful. I can see that a good time was had by all. Callie was looking pretty good too, after her fall. The cake looked VERY rich:) but tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee. Yeah, it was very rich! But very tastey. I think my weigh ins have not gone well this week mostly because of that cake...

    Glad it is gone. Now if I could just MOVE again, I would be able to get back on track with working out and eating.

    Everyone was excited to get all dressed up - we had hoped to get a quick family pic done (with his parents just taking a couple of pictures), but after Callie's fall, it just didn't happen! Like I said, we were the best dressed family in the ER that day, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enlarge the 4th picture. Anna is making quite the face!

    ReplyDelete