Thursday, April 28, 2011

Callie Therapy Update

Callie has been on and off sick for MONTHS now. It is getting really frustrating. We can't force her to do therapy things when she has zero energy!

We tried something new today though. It is called Cranial Sacral Therapy. It is really hard to describe what it is, but from what I have read, it has some amazing potential for Miss Callie! We are going to a new Chiropractor who is also certified in CS.

His name is Patrick Chonaena, located in Snohomish. I spoke with him on the phone day before yesterday to see if he thought he could help Callie. He said that he has never worked with anyone with cp, but would definite be willing to meet with us and let me know what he thought.

He had a lot of questions about Callie when we first met (who stayed in the waiting room with her siblings). A lot about her birth history, and how her cp manifests itself. He told me after we spoke, he did a bit of research about cp (which he previously knew very little about he said), how it relates to the cranial sacral techniques and how to help her. He thinks there are definitely some things we could do to help lessen Callie's tone, and get her healthy again! He is able to clear out lungs and sinuses by improving drainage through cs!

He is also a chiropractor who was able to work wonders on my back! I am still a little sore, but I can stand and walk and sit fairly comfortably!

We go back next week, and I hope to bring the camera...

Now to go clean the house up after getting home from a trip and being down for 2 days :( I have watching the house fall apart and get lost around me...time to find it again!

2 comments:

  1. Pre-kiddos, I was a certified massage therapist (school in DC). CS therapy is wonderful-and can be incredibly helpful. I had it done twice and felt very refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great to hear!

    We are hoping that it will help Callie in several areas...

    ReplyDelete