Saturday, October 2, 2010

The grieving process

It has been almost 2 weeks since we lost Lilly. The girls are fine most of the time now. We still have comments from each of them at different times about missing her...especially if they see a tennis ball, or spill something on the floor, of when it was time for Brianna to check Lilly's food and water during her morning chores.

This week we are watching my friend's 2 girls, and their poodle. The girls have been very excited to have a dog in the house again! But it has also reminded them of how much they miss their own dog.

To help my girls through the grieving process we used a song. I wanted to make sure they understood the practical application of God is good, all the time. We say that a lot at my house, but to really understand what that means, you have to go through trials. There has to be times when you are not happy with your circumstances, to practice praising God through those times and offer up that sacrifice of praise...even though it may not be easy. We talked through the lyrics of this song, and what they mean and used it for the last couple weeks as a praise to God. I believe God gave me this song right after Lilly was hit, so while we were waiting to find out if she was going to make it or not, I was already starting to tell them that regardless of the outcome, God is good all the time. He sees everything and knows everything, He gives and takes away, and we do not always understand why...



Blessed be Your name,
In the land that is plentiful,
When the streams of abundance flow,
Blessed be Your name.

Blessed be Your name,
When I am found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness,
Blessed be Your name.

CHORUS
Every blessing you pour out,
I'll turn turn back to praise!
When the darkness closes in Lord,
Still I will say.
Blessed be the name of the Lord,
Blessed be your name, Jesus.
Blessed be the name of the Lord,
Blessed be your glorious name.

Blessed be your Name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world is all as it should be
Blessed be Your name.

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
When there is pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name.

CHORUS

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say,
Lord blessed be Your name!

CHORUS

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that the girls are handling this with grace! It's so difficult to lose a fur friend! The song really fits the situation perfectly! Another that I like is by Caedmon's Call, and it says:

    Keep on coming, those lines on the road,
    Make me responsible, be it a light or heavy load,
    Keep me guessing, with these blessings in disguise,
    I'll walk with Grace my feet, Faith my eyes!

    I love the double meaning of it all, the lines on the road are the path we are taking in live, to me, the light or heavy load is what God has chosen to give us - light some days, other days heavy, and the blessings in disguise part, well... :)

    ReplyDelete