Saturday, July 24, 2010

I have the best husband!




Today we were getting a table we were given cleaned up to be brought in and used. And the table we were using is going into the shop to be repaired and refinished. While out there, cleaning and scrubbing, my wonderful husband suggested that we refinish it...he has now spent his Saturday (and not even a day off at that for him!) scrubbing, sanding, stripping, scraping, staining, and clear coating this table for us! It is bigger than the one we were using, and it is looking beautiful! I am so thankful for such a wonderful, self sacrificing husband who would take the time to do this for me! Every time I look at this table, I am going to think of him and all the hard work he does for me and our family! The twins have each taken turns going out to help work on the table, but come in saying it is too hot!

While he has been working hard outside on one of the hottest days of the year, I have been taking care of children in the cool basement, getting laundry done and scrapbooking.

We will end tonight with getting all of our children to bed and having a date night in! Summer sausage, cheese and Ritz crackers and a movie...all in all, it is a productive and fun Saturday!

As for the scrapbooking goals I posted, I think I will make the goal for this weekend! So far, I have put pictures in Ashley and Anna's books, and am going downstairs to start working on Bailey's now. I am hopeful that I will get that done tonight while watching movies and will start on journalling in Brianna's book!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a beautiful table. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please accept my apologies, my love, for having to work after our date-night last night. I am so tired, I wish I could have gone to bed with ya'.

    ~Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no need to appologize! I am sorry you couldn't go to bed with me because I know how tired you are! When I work up this morning, and found you were still at work, I prayed you would be able to come in shortly. You are so amazing. Thank you for all of the hard work you do for our family. It is greatly appriciated!

    ReplyDelete