Friday, July 23, 2010

24 weeks!


After having several pregnancy losses and preemies, this is a huge milestone. It means Serenity has reached the point of being viable outside the womb! I realize that viability has changed, and now babies as young as 21 weeks are able to make it outside the womb, but I still use 24 weeks as a big milestone! The next big milestone comes at 28 weeks, when the survival rate dramatically increases.

My midwife appointment went well earlier this week. I have a couple of things to try allergy wise. (Though with the weather having decided what season we are in, they are getting better on their own, Praise be to God!!!) My next appointment I will take the glucose tolerance test, which is means we will have made it to the 3rd trimester already! Wow! Some days, it seems like time is going so slowly, but others, it seems like this baby will be here before I am ready, lol!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your wonderful praise today! I love the ultra sound picture, such sweet blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 24 weeks is a big milestone and another reason to smile. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete