Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day


I have the most amazing, wonderful husband! He is willing to let things go, knowing some days are harder than others. He is willing to go get me something from the store, even if it is just a want and not something needed. He is willing to run quick errands for me, like when we just need more milk, so I don't have to pack everyone up to go. He is always thinking of others first. He is willing to go without in order to give more to his family. He is willing to jump in and help me when a project proves to be too much (like yesterday trying to figure out what to do with all the stuff that came out of the garage, lol!).

He is the best father I could ever have imagined for my children. I am honored that he choose me to be his wife and bear his children! He works so hard to provide for us and then some! He enjoys leading our family in worship of God, gets up extra early to read the Bible to us each morning, loves to rough house and play frisbee with the girls, he likes teaching the girls new things and doing science projects with them. He enjoys including them in what he is doing to train them as he goes about his day.

He also enjoys doing things one on one with the girls, which usually means taking just one or 2 of them along with him when he goes to get his coffee in the morning. He likes to be able to talk with the individually, and get them a special treat at the store to show them how special they are.

He really goes above and beyond as both a husband and father! On this Father's Day, we want to recognize him for all of his hard work. All of our children would like to say:

"HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! We love you!"

What is your favorite thing about your Daddy?

Anna, "I love it when he does snuggles with me."
Bailey, "I love how gentle he is, and how much he loves me!"
Ashley, "I like to sit next to him and cuddle with him and also when he takes me places with just Daddy and me!"
Brianna, "I like it when I ask if he is up in his shop and if he is busy, and he says I can come up to play the drums with him!"
Callie, "I like when he swings me."

Happy Father's Day, my Love! You are truly amazing! Thank you for all that you do! We love you very much!

1 comment:

  1. My love, thank you so much for the kind words. It is definitely appreciated. As you know, a father needs to be 1) a protector of his family, 2) a provider for his family, 3) a priest for his family, and 4) a prophet to his family. You help me in all of these areas, and make it much easier to accomplish these goals. Thank you so much for all you do as well.

    ~Christopher

    ReplyDelete