Sunday, May 16, 2010

My amazing family


I know I am a little late at getting to a post about Mother's Day, but it has been pretty busy at our house with all the illness...which at this point seems absolutely never ending!

I was not feeling well at all on Mother's Day, and spent most of the day in bed. Chris, Mom and the girls took over everything...the girls also made a cake for both me and their grandma. Chris got me a lovely bunch of potted tulips that have brightened up our table all week.

What a blessing to have such amazing children! God has given me so many blessings and so much to be thankful for! Even on a week with people taking turns being sick and needy and the many sleepless nights I have had, I wouldn't trade it for anything! I love being home with my children, with the opportunity to teach them, learn with them, watch them grow, change and develop...today is a special day, tomorrow all of my children will be older, and able to do more...so I try to take advantage of each day as it comes. I know there will be a time when I do not have any diapers to change, or stories to read to anyone, and I will be sad when it is all over! So even during these hard times, I try to keep the perspective of just how short this time really is an enjoy every moment with my family!

2 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed and you are a blessing, Michelle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a beautiful cake made with love!! You are a lucky and blessed woman!

    ReplyDelete