Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankfulness

I think it is so important to take the time to notice those little blessings we are given...

When I was a little girl, my great grandma lived in Granite Falls. I couldn't make it the 45 minutes from Shoreline to Granite Falls, without getting sick. Starting as early as I can remember, and going until I was a teenager...I would get sick if I was in the car any longer than 25-30 minutes...taking me anywhere longer than that, my mom learned early on to carry plastic bags in the car. Thankfully, I have outgrown this!

We started choir today, in Granite Falls, so as I made the drive out there, and drove past familiar places (and marveled at how it has grown up!), and showed my children the park I used to play at (which still looks much the same!), Ike's, where she would take me for hot cocoa, etc. I was also praising God that I have 6 children, and none of them get car sick! Thank you God for this blessing!

All 3 of the older girls had a wonderful time in choir! This is going to be a really fun extra curricular activity for them! All of my girls LOVE to sing! Brianna is sad to not be old enough to participate this year. The twins get to learn to play the recorder along with choir this year...Let's just say, I am really excited to be getting a play room again!!!

I am making an attempt at a pictures today, but my camera is out of commission, so we will see how this goes...happy 3 months, Justice! (2 days late!)
We also took advantage to being out and visited Grandpa Keith and Grandma Marie. It is always a joy to visit them!

Now, back to packing, and getting ready for our moving party on Oct. 3rd! (Everyone is invited to come by around 8 am to help load the moving truck, bring it to Monroe and unlaod it, food will be provided throughout the day.)

2 comments:

  1. Nothing is worse than being prone to motion sickness. Nothing, that is, except having a sister that gets car sick! My parents had three children and we were always stuck in the back of a compact car. Ug.

    Wish I could come to the moving party. I'd love to help you out. Isn't it the thought that counts? Take care, and go easy on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same. Three kids, younger sister was the one who got car sick. She always sat in the middle of the backseat in our compact little car. One particular carsick memory of her was on the way down to my grandparents house, in Renton, for Christmas......

    I hope your move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete